[blindcooks] Re: Helping a totally blind friend learn to cook

  • From: "Betty Emmons" <bettycemmons@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 09:13:54 -0600

I would have him place the first steak at 12 o'clock and the other at 6
o'clock. remember that heat can be felt quite a distance away and can be very
fearful. also what seems safe to you does not seem safe to him. right after I
lost my sight they had me use a cold oven to place things in so I would become
familular with the oven.
Betty Emmons