[blindcooks] Re: Easter treats

  • From: Penny Golden <goldpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:07:06 -0500

Hi, Marilyn,
I like matzoh. I love the stuff. I only wish our stores carried it. Passover matzoh, is I recall, is only water and flower. But for other times, there's onion flavored, or lightly salted, etc.
I have not forgotten that Susan wants a sweet matzo brei recipe.
One would think that being on spring break would give me more time to do these things. But actually, I've just gotten lazier, I guess. I'll try to get that now.
Best,
Penny.
I never thought anything sold as a toaster item was matzoh; but then, we ate matzoh at home, but never pop tarts or those other things. I've had a pop tart, but it wouldn't be my fiftieth choice for something for breakfast. (Smiles.)

On 4/17/2014 12:20 PM, M and L Dorn wrote:
Penny, I had a friend who referred to matzoh as hemmed stitched cardboard.
I think that's what they make Pop Tarts out of.
I used to eat Toastettes, which were made with better quality cardboard than Pop Tarts.

We've made no plans for the holiday. I want to be in the pool, of course, as it's now warm enough. May the pool season begin! Being in the water makes me happy.

TTFN,
Marilyn