[blindcooks] Re: Dish packing etc. during moving/relocation

  • From: "Jon Rawlings" <twosocks76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 13:43:23 -0800

Shirley:
     I certainly hope you will not choose to leave the list over something as
insignificant as word definitions.  It is a pet peeve of mine, but nothing that
is worth members leaving the list.  If I were in your place, not only would I
stay here on this list, but I'd definitely see if there are food-related lists
more specific to your country.  There's a lot of confusion here in the United
States as to what constitutes a grill, broiler, and a griddle, and it's hard
for me to resist the urge to set the record straight.  If you call a broiler
something different where you're from, I can respect that.  As to Emily; she
has only had two or three dishes made by me that she just couldn't eat.  One of
those was due to morning sickness, the others were due to my unsuccessful
attempts to make a new dish.  The problem with mentioning Emily's reaction to
what I cook is that we almost never have anything that's just plain boring or
that doesn't turn out.  There are some things she likes better than others, but
if she gets really excited about something I have made, it's really a big deal,
because she finds it more exceptional than what I usually make.  The last dish
I made that she just went crazy for is the tortilla soup I threw together one
night about 6 months ago.  I believe I shared the recipe with the list.
Another of her all time favorites for her is the caramelized onion and apple
chutney I made to go with some thick-cut pork chops I had grilled one day.
Another of her favorites is my angel food cake.  I'm sure there are a few more,
but I can't remember them at the moment.   Jon