[blindcooks] Re: Dish packing etc. during moving/relocation

  • From: Shirley Robinson <SRobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 02:20:51 +0000

I managed to wreck my favourite oven dish without leaving home. It only
happened yesterday when I was making baked steak for dinner and must have
bumped the switch when placing the dish with lid into my benchtop oven. The
result was an explosion of glass and a burnt offering; I had accidentally
bumped the control switch from bake to grill; therefore most of the heat was
forced onto the lid of dish, burning the contents and I have to say, steak
isn't cheap in this country. I had to resort to Plan B, crumbed fish in a
hurry; luckily I had some in the freezer. In future I'll have to check my oven
settings before and after putting something in, especially when it's slightly
heavy. My favourite dish that one; my mother gave it to me; I haven't told her
yet!
Shirley.