[blindcooks] Re: Dill Pickle juice

  • From: M and L Dorn <marilyn.larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 16:10:12 -0700

That dill dip I sent the recipe for yesterday is very tasty with chicken. I was thinking of using the same spices, without the sour cream and mayonnaise of course, as a seasoning for chicken. It could either be sprinkled on and maybe rubbed in or could be added to flour for a Shake and Bake style. The dill flavor in it is quite prominent and flavorful. I suppose the same combo of seasonings could be put into melted butter like the so-called bbq sauce and brushed onto chicken, or maybe even pork, and done on the grill.

TTFN,
Marilyn

At 03:14 PM 4/4/2014, you wrote:
I have seen such recipes before, especially in rye bread or onion rye. I've never had these breads before. I did used to work for a guy that made dill bread as a side, but the dill flavor wasn't all that strong and at least in my opinion, the bread wasn't good for much else. Perhaps it would be kinder to say that the dill bread I remember wasn't very versatile stuff. Jon
----- Original Message ----- From: "Carolyn Ranker" <carolynranker@xxxxxxxxx>