[blindcooks] Cinnamon Nut Granola by AZola

  • From: "Sugar" <sugarsyl71@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Born-Again-Diabetics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 12:27:38 -0700

Cinnamon Nut Granola

Most granolas you buy at the store have about 35-45 grams of carbohydrates
per serving. This one has about 9. Your tummy will love this and you’ll be
healthier for it.

Serving size half cup

1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
1 cup of flaxseed meal
1 cup chopped cashews
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup slivered almonds
2 teaspoons cinnamon
¼ cup vanilla whey protein powder
1 stick of butter – melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 tsp of ZSweet or Swerve sugar substitute (you can buy both of these on
line)
Butter spray

Preheat oven to 325

In order to chop all of the nuts, I use my food processor. I chop each type
of nut (except the almonds) and load them into a large bowl. By chopping
each of them separately, I don’t end up with any of them pulverized. They
stay nice and chunky.

When you have all of the nut types chopped and in the bowl, you can add your
coconut and flaxseed meal. Add the cinnamon and whey powder and stir it all
up to mix thoroughly. Stir the vanilla into the melted butter. Then drizzle
the butter mixture over the nut mixture and stir to mix again. Add the
sweetener and give it one more good stir to distribute the sweetener
throughout.

Spray a large cookie sheet that has sides on it. Spread your granola mixture
over the cookie sheet. Leave any clumps intact. Bake the granola in your
oven at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Open the oven and stir the granola every
10 minutes while it’s baking. Then let cool on the cookie sheet. Store in an
airtight container.

This makes a great breakfast. Kids love it too. I mix a half cup of granola
with a half cup of full fat Greek yogurt that I sweetener with a bit of
Truvia. Voila. A yogurt parfait.

Enjoy!
Cheers,
Zola

'All that I have seen teaches me to trust God for all I have not seen.'
~Be Blessed,Sugar