[blindcooks] Chocolate Pudding from scratch

  • From: "Sugar" <sugarsyl71@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "2006 Christmas Recipe" <2006ChristmasRecipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 10:18:04 -0700

Chocolate Pudding from Scratch

Ingredients
.       2/3 cup sugar
.       1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
.       2 tablespoons cornstarch
.       a dash of salt
.       2 1/2 cups milk
.       4 large egg yolks
.       2 tablespoons butter
.       1 teaspoon vanilla extract
.
Instructions
1.      Whisk together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in a medium
saucepan. Place saucepan on stove and turn heat to low. Whisk in Milk, a cup
at a time until completely combined. Add in egg yolks, whisking until
smooth.
2.      Turn heat up to medium and continue stirring until mixture just
starts to boil, just a few bubbles. Turn heat down to low and continue to
stir for 2-3 minutes, until mixture thickens.
3.      Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and pour pudding through
strainer, catching any lumps. Throw remains in strainer away.
4.      Stir butter and vanilla into pudding. Once butter is completely
melted spoon pudding into desired serving dishes. Place plastic wrap over
surface of pudding, pushing plastic wrap down so there is no air touching
pudding. Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
5.      Garnish with fresh whipped cream if desired.
Notes
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com

'All that I have seen teaches me to trust God for all I have not seen.'
~Be Blessed,Sugar