[blindcooks] Re: Chicken wings

  • From: "Jon Rawlings" <twosocks76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 21:03:19 -0700

Hi Heather:
I just realized that you have the same name that we plan to name our little girl when she arrives in just a few more weeks. Anyway, about the wings. I sent the recipe for the orange marmalade glaze in an earlier message a couple days ago. I did not change the subject line to reflect that there was a recipe in the message, but it was still sent to the list. If you missed it and can't recover it, let me know and I'll send it again. As for rice flour; from what I hear, rice flour is used extensively in Asian cooking on fried foods because it supposedly yields a lighter and crispier coating than the wheat flour we use here. I am not sure if using rice flour on something cooked in the oven would work as well as it does when used as a coating for deep-fried foods, but I see no reason why you couldn't give it a try. It's true that rice flour is a gluten-free alternative for those who can't have it. I say give it a shot, then let us know how it turns out. Oh, and by the way, what is often called glutinous rice does not actually contain any gluten at all. Jon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Heather" <copperlee73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>