[blindcooks] Re: [BlindChef] Another idea and seaking opinions and feedback

  • From: M and L Dorn <marilyn.larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BlindChef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 10:20:31 -0800

Since there's no problem sharing recipes on this list, I see no need for a separate one just for recipes. You could update the guidelines to reflect that sharing recipes is OK here if it doesn't already say so. If your goal is to keep the recipes separate from the other cooking stuff, then I think that's fine too. Whatever works easier for you, John. You're the one who has to manage it all.

TTFN,
Marilyn
At 07:27 PM 11/19/2013, you wrote:

Blind Chef has been up and running for nearly 8 years! During all that time, I have placed more emphasis on how to cook and the technique and how-to of cooking than on sharing recipes. I have said that you're all welcome to share recipes, but have encouraged you to share the ones you have actually made as apposed to those that sound good. However, I was just thinking that perhaps, if there is an interest, I could create a list for the blind and vision-impaired that is all about sharing all kinds of recipes with no guidelines or discouragements of any kind. Perhaps such a list already exists, and you don't feel there is a need for such a list. I don't belong to very many blindness-related groups, so I don't know. My question is: Would any of you here be interested in a list that deals exclusively with sharing recipes? I'd be interested feedback from as many of you as possible on this idea.
__._,_.___
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BlindChef/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxOW82Y2ZjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE3MjA1NjIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTE4OTA1MgRtc2dJZAM4NTk0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTM4NDkxODA4Mg--?act=reply&messageNum=8594>Reply via web post <mailto:twosocks76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re%3A%20Another%20idea%20and%20seaking%20opinions%20and%20feedback>Reply to sender <mailto:BlindChef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re%3A%20Another%20idea%20and%20seaking%20opinions%20and%20feedback>Reply to group <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BlindChef/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdmVpOXJrBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE3MjA1NjIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTE4OTA1MgRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzODQ5MTgwODI->Start a New Topic <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BlindChef/message/8594;_ylc=X3oDMTM1MDkxNHJpBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE3MjA1NjIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTE4OTA1MgRtc2dJZAM4NTk0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM4NDkxODA4MgR0cGNJZAM4NTk0>Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:

If you suspect you are bouncing messages, or you are having any problem with your membership on this list, please contact the owner or moderators by sending a message to BlindChef-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and include your email address in the body of your message along with a description of the problem.

If you would like to temperarily stop mail delivery from the list, send a message to BlindChef-nomail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Please be aware that you are responcible for setting your own delivery preferances back to either individual messages or a daily digest, and if you remain a member without receiving messages for too long, you may be removed from the list or sent a letter enquiring as to your status.

To switch to a daily digest, which includes all the messages exchanged on the list in a 24-hour period, send a message to BlindChef-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To return to a normal email delivery, which means you receive each message as it is sent to the list, send a message to BlindChef-normal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you or someone you know would like to join (or rejoin) the list, send a message to BlindChef-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and be sure to follow all instructions and read all the rules before participating in list discussions.
Yahoo! Groups

Switch to: <mailto:BlindChef-traditional@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Change Delivery Format: Traditional>Text-Only, <mailto:BlindChef-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Email Delivery: Digest>Daily Digest • <mailto:BlindChef-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe>Unsubscribe • <http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/>Terms of Use • <mailto:ygroupsnotifications@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Feedback on the redesigned individual mail v1>Send us Feedback
.