[blindcooks] Re: Almond Flour Frosted Sugar Cookies

  • From: "Jon Rawlings" <twosocks76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 20:57:12 -0800

I have a question on a related note that this recipe brought to mind.  Is there
something wrong with powdered sugar in gluten-free baking?  I am almost certain
that powdered sugar does not contain any gluten at all as it is made of very
fine sugar crystals mixed with just a touch of cornstarch to help prevent the
sugar from absorbing moisture from the air and getting clumpy.  I don't get it,
or am I just not seeing all the GF recipes out there that do use powdered
sugar?   Jon