[blindchristian] Quest for Truth 30 Messiah6MightyDeeds

  • From: Keith Heltsley <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 21:57:36 -0500

New post on HPN

<http://podcast.heltsley.net/?author=2>
Quest for Truth 30 Messiah6MightyDeeds
<http://podcast.heltsley.net/2015/quest-for-truth-30-messiah6mightydeeds/>by
keith <http://podcast.heltsley.net/?author=2>
In this episode, and probably final installment, we look at the mighty deeds of
Jesus. For starters, we see that mighty deeds don't come in the form of mighty
strength. Jesus didn't feed thousands by calling down mighty forces of heaven.
Instead he took a more subtle approach, and by simply breaking a few loaves of
bread, he fed more thany of his followers could imagine. He walked on water,
and even raised a man from the dead.

Healing from Jesus is an amazing power, but it isn't always clear, or as cut
and dred as we want it to be. Sometimes God works in ways that make us think he
has abando ned us. It might even reach the point of death... no even beyond the
point of death. It may even go to the point of death and burial before God
chooses to move. Jesus has the power to heal, and that's amazing in itself . He
has the power to raise a person who has crossed that line and faded off into
death, but what kind of mighty power is it when a corpse that's been in the
ground for days is made to live again?

Sin is something that a person can do against one another, cretures who God
made, so by extention that sin is done against God. We might also sin directly
against God, to put it briefly, all sin is against God in some way. Looking at
the story of a woman caught in adultery, we find Jesus applying compassion to
her the sinner, and at the same time exercising his power of forgiveness. Who
has the authority to forgive, other than the one who was sinned against?
Clearly Jesus held the amazing power of God to do this.

Jesus needed to cross through Samaria, a territory held in contempt by devout
Jews. It was a land and people who had been divided from the nation. Jesus had
an encounter with a woman, who was to be the beginning of restoring that lost
nation to his kingdom. Jesus restores, he satisfies the craving of hunger and
thirst for understanding the truth of Gods kingdom. Though this woman was far
from the ideal woman in her culture, or even in our culture, she was given the
privleged to take the power, and message of salvation to her people?

Maybe the most amazing power of Jesus is his power over the grave. Not in
healing others, not in his compassion or forgiveness, but in the ability of his
own power over death, and rising from his grave. We examine the scene at the
grave site, and the women who found angels and sleeping guards at the empty
tomb. Without the resurrection, all the other powers are nice, they're good
works of humanity, but it takes the power of coming to life again that can
provide salvation. As Martha was told in the story of Lazarus, all believers
will also rise from the dead, but Jesus did it first. That's the sign that he
is the one and only door to salvation, and participation in the kingdom of God.

keith <http://podcast.heltsley.net/?author=2> | August 24, 2015 at 8:49 pm |
Categories: Quest for Truth
<http://podcast.heltsley.net/?taxonomy=category&term=quest-for-truth> | URL:
http://wp.me/p5uvFj-3Q <http://wp.me/p5uvFj-3Q>