[blindchristian] John 13 31, March 29, 2015

  • From: "Victoria E Gilkerson" <vegilkerson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 04:59:03 -0500

Today's Verse for 03/29/2015

When he [Judas] was gone, Jesus said, "Now is the Son of Man glorified and
God is glorified in him." - John 13:31

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

In the powerful old hymn "Beneath the Cross of Jesus," we sing "my glory all
the cross." That was genuinely true of Jesus. While other human leaders try
to find glory in all sorts of ways, Jesus' path to glory was the cross,
because he was not after acclaim, but wanted to obey and glorify the Father!
When Judas left the Last Supper, the final stages of the process was set in
motion that would bring Jesus to the horrors of Calvary. But rather than
seeing the cross as his degradation, it was his way of glorifying God.

Prayer

Dear Lord, please forgive me for seeking the approval and recognition of
others. Forgive me for being so self-centered. Forgive me for thinking of my
glory and not yours. Forgive me when I have trampled on the hearts of others
because I was so busy gaining attention for myself. Jesus' example in the
last week of his life shocks me back to reality and helps me realize that
true greatness is found in serving you, completely, no matter the cost. In
Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can
email questions or comments to phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Today's Verse Illustrated

Read stories and see photos of Heartlight's recent trip to Brazil with
Compassion International!

you would like to leave. We'll take care of you.

HOW DO I SUBSCRIBE? It's FREE! To subscribe send a blank email to:
todaysverse-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

C 1998-2015, Heartlight Inc.

Victoria E Gilkerson