[blindchristian] John 12:46, March 30, 2015

  • From: "Victoria E Gilkerson" <vegilkerson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 10:16:15 -0500

Today's Verse for 03/30/2015

I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me
should stay in darkness. - John 12:46

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

One of the great stories in the Gospel of John is Nicodemus. He came to
Jesus at night and Jesus told him that those who love the truth come to the
light. Later, Nicodemus spoke up for Jesus even though he was ridiculed for
it. Then, at the worst possible time politically and religiously, he showed
himself as Jesus' disciple: he took the broken and dead body of Jesus and
helped Joseph of Arimathea place him in a tomb. Nicodemus didn't stay in the
darkness. Neither should we. Jesus is the light of the world; if our light
cannot be found in him, how deep is our darkness!

Prayer

Father, I want to walk in the light with you. The darkness of Calvary did
not extinguish the light in Jesus; it made it burn more brightly for me. At
the cross, I see your love for me. At the cross, I realize that Jesus took
my sins away. At the cross, I see Jesus' love for both you and me perfected.
Thank you, Father for your gracious salvation. Thank you, Jesus for your
incredible sacrifice. In the name Jesus, your perfect Lamb I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can
email questions or comments to phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Today's Verse Illustrated

Read stories and see photos of Heartlight's recent trip to Brazil with
Compassion International!

you would like to leave. We'll take care of you.

HOW DO I SUBSCRIBE? It's FREE! To subscribe send a blank email to:
todaysverse-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

C 1998-2015, Heartlight Inc.

Victoria E Gilkerson