Re: wow, what an insult

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 00:30:04 -0800

I haven't followed this whole caffuffle too closely, so there's something I don't know. Jerry, are you involved in the design of the podsafe music network site? If not, then I understand your frustration at being taken to task for the inaccessibility of the site. I don't know who the different players are in PMN. At the same time, you can see where anger at ever-present systemic barriers that prevent people from enjoying all the benefits of society can cause people to lash out in anger or frustration, not always at the most important target or in the most appropriate way.

I want to publicly invoke some wisdom I've gained by years in the Baha'i community. Briefly, the ultimate goal here is unity, because when unity exists, one result will be that all people will be considered valuable, and this viewpoint will gradually influence all levels of human endeavor. Until this condition of unity is achieved in human affairs, we will continue to have these sorts of difficulties. We can't achieve unity through conflict and contention, nor will it be at all easy to achieve. It takes great effort, perseverance, tact, wisdom. Everybody in this discussin wishes to improve the state of affairs on the planet; we are not dealing here with people of ill will. So rather than becoming embittered by this or other similar incidents, I hope we continue to strive, to refine our tact, patience and wisdom without lessening our determination.

Dean