RE: wow, what an insult

  • From: "Foxtrot1" <foxtrot1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 07:06:31 -0500

Finally, the voice of reason!

Rick

  _____

From: blindcasting-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:blindcasting-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gary E. Lieberg
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2005 4:18 PM
To: 'Marlaina Lieberg'; 'Jerry Halatyn'; 'Darrell Shandrow'
Cc: 'Adam Curry'; 'C.C. Chapman'; blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; 'Jeff Bishop'
Subject: RE: wow, what an insult

I'm the silent partner in most cases, but this really burnt my butt.  I'm
Marlaina's sighted other-half, husband, partner, sighted guide, or whatever
you want to call me.  I watch the microcosm of the blind community on a
daily basis.  It is no different from the rest of the world in that there
are people who have no tolerance for difference and/or cannot see the big
picture.

as he could to record a new version and make the music available to the
MAINSTREAM public.  Why the mainstream?  Simple economics -- you make more
money for the project.  The fact that right now, people with visual
disabilities have problems with PMN is irrelevant.  This fact is relevant;
there are more people with working eyeballs who can purchase more copies in
a shorter amount of time than there are blind people to do the same.  More
copies sold, more money for the project this year -- end of story for this
year!  The happy part is that this song is good for many years to come.
There is time to work out the immediate problems.  The strategic objective
is to make sure the project survives and makes money in perpetuity.

Should PMN be made accessible?  You bet, but it isn't going to happen this
month!  In the mean time other methods are available for people who are
blind or visually impaired to procure the song.  In the final analysis those
who continue to be reactive make it very difficult for those who are trying
to be proactive.  Knee jerk reactions promote negative actions.  It takes
thoughtful proactive response to make things work.

To Jerry/Slau:  You are a talented artist, audio engineer, leader, manager,
and probably several other things.  You have met your objective as best as
you can given your resources (time, money, and people.)  You have also shown
that you can stand the heat of the critics.  Keep up the great work!

To the Critics:  Put your minds in a positive frame.  Think about what
Christmas means.  Listen to what the song says. Find out how you can help
fix what you so ardently criticize!

For Adam Curry and C.C. Chapman:  As a friend of mine from West Virginia
used to say, "It takes all kinds to fill the freight wagon."  You've seen
some of the best and and some of the others.  Thanks for your ideas and
interest and don't count out this community of the blind.  There is a gob of
talent out there just waiting to be unleashed, and in the final analysis
that is the larger problem; how do they get a chance (access) to do it?

Here's wishing everyone a peaceful and wonderful holiday season.

Gary Lieberg

(The Board Guy)

From: Jerry <mailto:jhalatyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  Halatyn

To: Darrell Shandrow <mailto:nu7i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>