Re: where to get pod safe music

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:12:55 -0700

Sorry Julie,

I forgot your question about downloading songs.  Assuming you played and
found songs you want to download, get them added to your playlist by
selecting that last visable cell on the row; you should get a
confirmation screen that will be obvious to you that you're about to add
the identified song to your playlist.  You might have to play the
graphic finding game to get this to work for sure - I forget which
method worked best for me as I did this just one night last week.

Say you have a nice fat playlist now and you want to download some
tunes.  Navigate to "My playlist" (I think it's called) and navigate
this table.  This table looks a lot nicer and all links are clearly
labeled except for the listen button again.  That seems to be another
graphic or something.  Anyway, there's a positively identified link to
download the song and this is on each row of the playlist table.  This
worked out real well for me.  I haven't looked for the referral links
yet so I can't explain quite how that works yet.  I'm sure they have
some links or something that you're supposed to put into your show
notes for the songs you play but I wouldn't think that part should be
too hard.  Other than those wierd graphics, the rest of the site seems
to be pretty accessible and they even have a sorted catalog by genre.  I
couldn't find such a resource on garage band or yahoo music.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 08:26:12AM -0600, JULIE MELTON wrote:
> The problem I have is that I'm unable to download the songs.  Anyone
> resolved that, or are people still recording with TR as they listen?
>

> JulieMelton
> visit me at
> www.heart-and-music.com
> Keep smiling!
>

> >From: "Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Subject: Re: where to get pod safe music
> >Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:19:25 -0700
> >
> >Hi Steve,
> >
> >How do you get the "listen" link to work?  It seems to be completely
> >invisible to JAWS.  Have you found another way to get these important
> >features on PMN to work?
> >
> >Darrell Shandrow - Shandrow Communications!
> >Technology consultant/instructor, network/systems administrator!
> >A+, CSSA, Network+!
> >Check out high quality telecommunications services at http://ld.net/?nu7i
> >Information should be accessible to us without need of translation by
> >another person.
> >Blind Access Journal blog: http://www.blindaccessjournal.com
> >----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Holmes" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

- --