Re: reading shownotes in iPodder or PPR

  • From: Jennifer Sutton <jensutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:37:03 -0400

Hi:

For those who don't know what PPR is, the letters stand for Primetime Podcast Receiver.

The podcast receiver is available from this site.
http://www.primetimepodcast.com/blog/Default.aspx?tabid=1

Larry appears to have discussed both it and iPodder on BCT during the show described as follows:

Getting Started Listening To Podcasts
6/11/2005 Larry Skutchan
In show 7, Larry has an early morning talk with you about how to get started with
podcasting. We discuss two podcatcher applications--Ipodder and PPR Prime Time Podcast
Receiver-- and discuss accessibility, subscribing to new shows, finding shows, and
more. We talk about what makes podcasting podcasting and how it is different from
just downloading an mp3 file and listening to it.
We mention getting a more accessible version of Ipodder from
Jeff Bishop's Web site.
There are also links to subscribe to his show on the page.
17.6 MB

I've downloaded this show, but I haven't listened to it, or maybe I actually did; it was a while ago. It's my understanding that PPR may allow the user to read shownotes, but I haven't yet tried it.

Best,
Jennifer