Re: how to podcast: some random tutorials and references

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:49:09 -0700

Hey Jennifer,

Michael Carrino's Digital Mediacast Experiment is also great. He ran a series on How to Podcast. Check him out at http://www.dmcex.com and enjoy.

I also did an informal Juice Receiver tutorial available at http://www.blindaccessjournal.com for all your enjoyment for what it may be worth.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jennifer Sutton" <jensutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 6:40 PM
Subject: how to podcast: some random tutorials and references

Mike and others who may be interested:

I'm not sure whether your response was meant to be sarcastic, so if I've offended you, let me just list a bunch of sites that I've found in my own studying of how to set up podcasts. Also, before I just toss out a bunch of links, I wonder whether this list has an archives since this topic has been discussed many many times.

Okay, here are your links. Hope you find a tutorial that works for you. These are in no particular order. I also wouldn't say this list is vetted. I just grabbed a handful of resources since there are, basically, a ton out there. Note that if any of this is blatant advertising, I apologize in advance. It's all meant to be informational.

Making An RSS Feed: http://searchenginewatch.com/sereport/article.php/2175271

How to Podcast:
http://www.how-to-podcast-tutorial.com/

Why not go here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcasting

and skim down to the heading (at level 2) called:
External links

There are lots of links in that list of 19 items there (list 5 on the page).

K7 Unified Messaging, free Fax and voicemail to email:
 http://www.k7.net/
[people who are just getting started might need this.]

12 Ways to Promote Your Podcast: http://www.jakeludington.com/project_studio/20051028_12_ways_to_promote_your_podcast.html

Hope you do a podcast, Mike, and that you'll benefit from the time I spent pulling out links from my own filed archives of information.
Best to all,
Jennifer

At 08:18 AM 12/15/2005 -0800, you wrote:
thanks a whole lot.
-