Re: goldwave questions

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 15:38:21 -0700

I didn't recall the ctrl-J key sequence for sure but I do know that if
you position the file at the end of the file and drop your start marker
at the end of the file or at that point where you stop recording, then
you can start recording and it will pick up at that point.  Recall that
the start and end markers are placed by pressing left and right bracket
keys respectively (that is [ and ] respectively).  *IMPORTANT* after
your updated recording, be sure and do a ctrl-A to select the entire
recording space; otherwise, you might whipe out the first portions when
you do subsequent editing.  I've been there and done that:).  Once I did
a nice podcast for oh maybe 20 to 30 minutes or so and then I did a bit
of last minute tweaking and then I forgot to do a ctrl-A and then saved
out my work and ended up with a wapping five seconds of show and the
rest was all gone!  After all that I was so pissed, I hung it up on the
shelf for another week and then came back to make it all good.  So I
always make liberal use of the ctrl-A key to select the entire recording
before any saves and such.

All and all, I think GoldWave is an excellent editor and especially for
the price.

- --
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!