RE: downloading old episodes with Juice/iPodder?

  • From: "Mika Pyyhkala" <pyyhkala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:15:07 -0500

Hi,

It will by default download the episodes that are still in the podcast feed.
I believe that Blind Cool Tech keeps a number of episodes in its podcast
feed.

One thing you can do to get more shows is:
1.  Navigate to the Juice subscriptions tab;
2.  Go to the row in the list that has the podcast title in question;
3.  Press the tab key, which will switch you from the list of subscribed
podcasts to the available episodes in the feed;
4.  You can arrow up and down in the list of available episodes.  If one of
them says "skip" and you press the spacebar it will change the status from
skip to queueed for download.

Note this will only show the episodes that the podcast still has in its
feed.

Syndicated subscription feeds are generally meant to serve up new content,
and not the entire history of posts or podcasts associated with a site.  I
believe each feed producer can specify how many episodes to keep in the
feed.

Regards,
Mika