digital-audio software with noise reduction tools

  • From: "Peter Donahue" <pdonahue1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 19:42:40 -0600

Good evening everyone,

    Like many this holiday season we're recording some of our holiday
activities and need to perform noise reduction on them. I used to have the
noise reduction plug-in for Sound Forge, but don't know where I put it so am
unable to install it. I have several concerts recorded in .MP3 format with
major clipping and want to run a clip-peak restoration utility on them to
remove the clipping, but aren't sure which free digital-audio programs
include a full set of noise reduction utilities as standard features. If one
of you can put me on to a program that include noise reduction tools I'll
appreciate that a lot. Best wishes from Mary and I to everyone for a
wonderful holiday season.

Peter Donahue