built-in mics on digital recorders

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 08:45:26 -0800

I'm looking for a digital recorder, probably of the price of the available Iriver 799-899 or one of the Olympus models, not the more expensive Etirol level of recorders. One reason I want it would be to be able to record meetings, trainings and the like, as well as a sound seeing tour if I ever go anywhere exotic. Can anybody offer feedback as to the internal mic on their digital recorder? As an example of what I'm looking for, the Bookport has a terrible sound, and no range at all. The other machines have to do better! Do they?

Thanks.

Dean