Re: WordPress, was xml files

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:09:46 -0700

Sure, go to http://www.holmesgrown.com/blogs

I pretty much stuck with the default formats and haven't customized
things much yet.  The configuration options are all set via menus within
the administrative section.  You go to the Fantastico section of
Ultrahost's control panel and install wordpress from their blogging
choices.  It may seem tedious at first to get all the options just right
for best results but it is easy enough to change things if you need to
later.  Some of the options have to do with your time zone, whether or
not public users can post comments to your blog, or if registration is
necessary, etc.  You can also set up categories and all but I haven't
done that yet.  I mainly use the blog tool to support my RSS feed and
then can use it to post my shownotes and my podcast enclosures.

Oh, you can also post blog entries including links to your podcast
enclosures via e-mail to the blog tool.

If you wanna discuss things in more detail, feel free to e-mail me off
list at the address at the top of my note here.