Re: WINDOWS OR MAC? APPLE SAYS BOTH

  • From: "BlindTech of BlindTechs.Net" <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 02:22:28 -0700

you mean.....
once vista comes out and locks you all out, you wished you would have considdered it.
BlindTech of BlindTechs.Net
blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
website: http://blindtechs.net
Visit our website where we offer free email, shell accounts, shoutcast radio service, online games and more!
Powered by Unix not Microsoft

On Apr 8, 2006, at 10:38 PM, Chris Skarstad wrote:

and when a company can't even make their own app work with a screenreader that they produced, something's messed up. So this argument that the Mac is better simply, does, not, work with me. I'm sorry, i know we have a few mac faithful among us and if y'all like it that rocks. But for me, it still hhas a long way to go. If I bought a mac now, without using the bootcamp program which, if I'm told correctly takes a bit of time and know-how to set up, i'd be taking a step backwards in accessibility. I've been spoiled by the beautiful access of the windows screenreaders. Once Bootcamp comes out of beta and is easier to set up, if at all, then I may consider it.

At 09:23 PM 4/8/2006, you wrote:
Hi Gabe,

The lack of iTunes accessible, while not job critical, does serve to represent the company's unwillingness to insure that its own apps are accessible with its own screen reader.

A+, CSSA, Network+!
Visit http://www.petitiononline.com/captcha and sign the Google Word Verification Accessibility Petition today!
Blind Access Journal blog and podcast: http:// www.blindaccessjournal.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "BlindTech of BlindTechs.Net" <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>