Setting Default Players (Windows Media Player; Winamp; or Real Player) in Vista

  • From: "JardataMailServicesBox" <jardatamailservices@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 07:03:26 -0700

Hello List!

I have a Toshiba notebook running Vista.  I want to have Winamp and Real Player
on my system along with Windows Media Player.  Now, I did this on my HP Desktop
running vista and it works, but I can for the world get it to work on my
Toshiba.  I want Real Player to be my default player.  I have taken the
requir3ed options and set Real Player as the option, but Media Player still
runs the show and plays everything.  What do I need to do to get things set the
way I want them?

Also, whenever I go to my web site and click on a link, which has a M3U file to
be played, Windows Vista asks me to download the file.  It won't play it on the
spot.  I think the same thing would happen with any type of files.

How do you set default player to come on in Vista.  I have two notebooks to set
up and another vista desktop.

thanks for your help.

James Robinson