RE: Managing Juice

  • From: "Mika Pyyhkala" <pyyhkala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:52:32 -0500

The only issue I have noticed is with the scheduler.  If you want it to
check at specific intervals (like evry 6 hours) that part works.  However,
using Jaws, I have not been able to get it to check at specific times (for
example at 04:00 A.M.).  There are a couple of work arounds to this:
1.  If you download the Juice client from the Podnova site the scheduler may
be more accessible; or
2.  There is a Juice ini file that you can edit, not sure of exact name, and
manually specify a schedule.

One question I have is whether people have found a way to directly have Jice
transfer certain shows to say an Iriver or Ipod.  For example, I might
subscribe to 100 feeds, but want only 10 specific shows always transferred
to my portable device.

The idea would be to then plug in your device, go to bed, and wake up and
pull out your device and have fresh podcasts on it ready to go without any
user intervention.

The closest thing I have heard of people doing is redirecting the Juice
output to say a flash card or a drive letter.  Now with the Ipod it uses a
proprietary format, so you typically cannot just put the files on a drive
letter but there is a script that would make that possible though I have not
tested it.

I guess the real question is how could you selectively choose certain
podcasts to transfer over to the portable device.

Regards,
Mika