Lame Confusion

  • From: "Peter Donahue" <pdonahue1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:03:52 -0500

Hello everyone,

        I have several programs on my system that,"Scream loudly" for the
Lame MP3 Encoder. The, "Remade" that came with the Lame zip file seems to be
somewhat confusing. It says that the encoder is pre-built, but in another
place it tells me to build it with Visual Studio 2003 after removing one of
the files from the folder. Here is the text from the Lame Remade File:

This is a pre-built DLL of libmp3lame from the
lame-3.97 distribution.

This version was built with Visual Studio 2003
and exports all of the functions listed in lame.h.

To build, replace the lame-3.97\Dll\BladeMP3EncDLL.def
with the one in this archive and build with VS.

 Sorry to sound frustrated, but I just want to get the thing running to
satisfy these applications including the DAISY Pipeline. Any Lame help I can
get will be very much appreciated. All the best for a great weekend.

Peter Donahue
This version was built with Visual Studio 2003
and exports all of the functions listed in lame.h.

To build, replace the lame-3.97\Dll\BladeMP3EncDLL.def
with the one in this archive and build with VS.

"Given a chance to dream it can be done.
The promise of tomorrow is real.
Children of Spaceship Earth the future belongs to us all."
Flying for Me,
John Denver