Internet Explorer Not Loading and/or Prematurely Shutting Down (JAWS 9, WE 61, or Nod32 Causing Problem)Trouble

  • From: "JardataMailServicesBox" <jardatamailservices@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 22:59:52 -0700

Hello List!

Strange thing goind on with Internet Explorer.  I have two Vista Toshiba
Notebooks and one HP Desktop, all running Vista and IE 7.  Well, for some
reason, each of these machines seem to be having trouble with IE starting
up--it won't or it will just say "Internet Explorer has stop running.  Some
program caused it to stop.  Windows will research the problem and inform you of
ways to fix the problem."  I had originally thought JAWS 8/9 was causing the
problem, but didn't get a chance to test it by unloading JAWS and seeing if the
problem persisted.  I did unload JAWS 9 and fired up WE 61, but the problem
persisted.

I then called Toshiba; the tech guy had me (through my wife) load windows in
safe mode and told me to load IE; we did and it worked properly.  The Toshiba
tech guy asked me if I had a virus program and, if I did, I might want to
unload it or turn it off when I installed windows.  I have Nod 32, but I did
not uninstall it when installing JAWS or Windows.  Does anyone know what could
be causing this problem?  Do I need to turn off Nod32 when I install these
programs and could not turning it off cause problems later?  Has anyone else
had any trouble with IE not running after installing any of these programs?
The guy suggested that I do a total system restore to the new stage (first
purchased).  I don't have anything of importance on the notebooks yet, so that
would be ok.  I wouled like to know if these screen readers or Nod32 or any
other thing has been known to cause problems with IE.

James Robinsoninacrbt.  unil,said one  bcua iitlmsoWinVista (,