Fw: [Electronics-talk] [gui-talk] Your input is needed,accessible XM Radios

  • From: "Kevin Wassmer" <commanderlumpy2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hands-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 11:34:21 -0700

Hello all!

I was speaking with Mr.  Ralph Stewart of My Radio Store Dot Com.  I was
inquiring about which XM Radio Receiver was accessible to   Blind Persons
these days!  A number of changes have taken place which necessitated some
changes in XM receivers.  The demodulator needed to be turned down to
minimize interference to those listening to standard radio stations
especially in an automobile. Some people didn't like Howard Stern coming
over their favorite religious station as an example.  Many of the newer XM
portables are using touch screens these days which aren't accessible for us!
Mr.  Stewart then said it's about time for XM receivers to have audio
feedback or prompts for those who cannot see the screen. Some engineers he
spoke with said the chips used in XM receivers would easily support speech
output.  He wants to know how many people would be interested in an XM
Receiver with speech?  Please Email him at:
ralphs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Let's open the flood gates and let him hear from
us!  He will forward our mail to appropriate engineers and personnel at XM
Radio.  Perhaps we can make a difference! Please feel free to pass this on
to any blindness lists you are on.

Thanks for reading!

Jim Aldrich

http://www.eset.com