Re: [Blind Casting] Re: Anyone having problems grouping by conversation thread?

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:44:19 -0700

Also, the threading mechanism should not rely entirely on the subject
text.  I have seen on many occasions, where we could change the subject
line to make the message more relevant and it still sticks to the
original thread.  But I don't think Outlook honors that as well.  Mutt
hangs onto threads very tightly.  I think it uses the Message-Id: field
or some such to maintain thread context.

I also feel the list name embedded in the subject line is unnecessary
voice clutter and also takes up valuable desktop space.  We just had
this big argument over on another list for LG VX4500 users and the best
we could do was shorten the text because so many people bitched and
whined about removal of it altogether.  Mail filters aren't that hard to
set up regardless of mail clients and do not require use of the subject
to do it.  I've had to do some fancy foot work with some lists but is
doable just the same.

So I would vote for removing the list name from the subject line
completely if I could say so:).

- --
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!