Re: [Blind Access Journal] Red Alert: Don't Let Audio Magic Cast An Evil Spell on Your Computer!

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:21:27 -0600

Well, a virus is a virus people, let's not kid ourselves here. If you suspect something on your computer that could cause damage to *anyone* blind, sighted, I don't care who you are or where in the world you live, if it's destructive and your antivirus software does not detect that it's bad, submit it! Then the antivirus vendors will see this and come up with a fix. I mean really, think of it like this. It's a horrible thought, but imagine that you get sent a virus that is aimed at blind computer users like this one, but the virus passes itself onto other people. It's not gonna care wether you're blind or not. it's not smart enough to know who is blind or sighted. So again, if it's not being detected by your particular antivirus software, plese for heavens sakes send it to them for analysis.

At 04:12 PM 3/18/2006, you wrote:
No no no no no!
They'd put deffinitions into there databases to detect this nasty piece of crap!
Shane