Re: An alternative and very accessible blogging alternative ...

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:17:24 -0700

I can't say for the wordpress.com service as I don't have that service.
For my setup, I have to upload the file separately.  Even though it is
on my same host because WP will extract any attached files and try and
include them inline with the original e-mail text.  You could well
imagine what would happen with a binary file like an MP3:).  I really
don't mind the FTP step; it's just another step.  In fact, I've been
thinking about writing some linux scripts in either shell script or perl
to combine the file tagging, uploading, and show notes mailing into a
single step.  I see that project as being pretty easy to do; I'd just
have to specify a lot of parameters such as show title, date, episode
number, and show notes text to make it all happen but you'd have to
specify sooner or later no matter what process you use.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 03:28:43PM -0600, Brent Harding wrote:
> Ah, wonder if the free service gives you the email thingy on wordpress.com?
> Can you actually attach the podcast to the email message itself, or do we
> still need to ftp that in? The email way seems a a lot easier than the web
> forms. Outlook has an insert hyperlink thing, but it seems to be
> unavailable.

- --