[blindapple] Re: email on the apple 2?

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindapple@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:58:29 -0700

At 06:04 PM 10/26/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>In theory at least, you should be able to use something like Proterm from
>Microtalk with a modem and connect to a shell account.  I never did that for
>Internet use, but I was a big BBS junkie back in the day.
>Jayson.

Hi.  Could you elaborate more on this?  You actually called BBSs with the
Apple?  I tried calling one a couple of times with the Apple but the modem
software I had was inaccessible so I had to have someone read the
screen.  I had no idea what zip files were in those days so I didn't know
that the BBS was really for PC software and had nothing to offer for the
Apple.  Do you have any messages, bulletins or other text files saved from
the BBS days?  Were you into Fidonet?  I was a Fidonet node for awhile
until June of 1996 when the Internet was taking over more and more.

To keep this on topic, there is an Apple II echo still around on Fidonet
although it gets minimal traffic now.  Also, here's a site to visit with
lots of text files regarding the Apple II.  Be warned that some files
contain adult material and excessive prophanity, but not
all.  Specifically, the Advanced Developer Conference files from AOL are
interesting and cover a variety of subjects.  There are some game
walkthroughs and other documentation files there also.

http://textfiles.com/apple/

To unsubscribe from the Blindapple list, send a message to
blindapple-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word 'unsubscribe' in the subject
line.
The web page for this list is located at
//www.freelists.org/list/blindapple
This list is powered by Free Lists!  For more info, go to
//www.freelists.org