[blind_tech] Screen shots

  • From: "Lewicki, Maureen" <mlewicki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blind_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <blind_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 12:33:35 +0000

How can my students deal with screen shots on their own? Presently I convert
them using ABBY software, and then give them to the student.
I think the KNFB reader converts it for them also. Are there other thongs out
there that they can use?

Maureen Murphy Lewicki
Teacher of the Visually Impaired
Bethlehem Central Schools
700 Delaware Avenue
Delmar, NY 12054
http://bcsd.k12.ny.us/

On Oct 10, 2015, at 6:18 AM, Gerald Levy
<bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

According to an article which appeared on the Engadget site yesterday (click
below), Firefox will stop support for web plug-ins, except for Flash, by the
end of 2016. Does this mean that the Webvisum and Rumola plug-ins that so many
blind computer users depend on to solve image captchas will no longer work
after this date? If this is indeed the case, what recourse would we blind
computer users have? Any thoughts?

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/09/firefox-stops-plugin-support-by-end-of-2016/

Gerald

replies to this message will go to the entire list. if you wish to contact the
sender privately, send an email directly to the senders email address.

to view the list page (which includes features to manage your subscription
along with a link to the list archive) visit:

//www.freelists.org/list/blind_tech

to unsubscribe by email, send a message to:
blind_tech-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:blind_tech-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and
put the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line (without the quotes).

to contact the blind tech mailing list moderation team, send an email to:
blind_tech-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:blind_tech-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>