[blind_tech] [BCT] FW: [tabi] Fw: Update on Freedom scientific and GWmicro lawsuit

  • From: Paul Tandy <paul96cars@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 23:10:23 -0800

 ---- Original Message ------
From: "Blackjack" <misterblackjack2@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BCT] FW: [tabi] Fw: Update on Freedom scientific and
GWmicro lawsuit
Date sent: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:11:41 -0400

FYI,

Thanks,
Blackjack
misterblackjack2@xxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: Blackjack [mailto:misterblackjack2@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2009 9:09 AM
To: Blind Geek Zone
Subject: FW: [tabi] Fw: Update on Freedom scientific and GWmicro
law suit

Hi, I post this here because this is something that concerns the
blind
community.  Please read below my thoughts and my thoughts only,
as well as
the information I am sending you all.

Hi, this is good.  I my self use Jaws and like it.  But I think
Freedom
Scientific the maker of Jaws is just trying to create a monopoly
so they can
be the only screen reader out there.  They are trying to do what
MS did years
ago and why they still mostly run the PC OS for most of the PC's
in the
world.  Although Apple is doing better in this area, then they
was years ago.
I don't think any technology for us the blind community should
have patents.
I think my self that these type of technology should be open to
be approved
upon to make it better for us.  I not saying they owe us anything
but I am
saying we should have all the help we can get! By putting
monopolies on such
technology as this we are chopping off our right arm on getting
this type of
technology improved upon except when the one company wants to
improve on it.
Just my thoughts