blind_html fw: [BCT] FW: [tabi] Fw: Update on Freedom scientific and GWmicro lawsuit

  • From: Paul Tandy <brl.cents@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 23:09:54 -0800

Paul

Email me at: paul96cars@xxxxxxxxx
brl.cents@xxxxxxxxx
blindaudio@xxxxxxxxx

skype me at: brlcents

Let god be the light within you.

---- Original Message ------
From: "Blackjack" <misterblackjack2@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BCT] FW: [tabi] Fw: Update on Freedom scientific and GWmicro lawsuit
Date sent: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:11:41 -0400

FYI,

Thanks,
Blackjack
misterblackjack2@xxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: Blackjack [mailto:misterblackjack2@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2009 9:09 AM
To: Blind Geek Zone

Hi, I post this here because this is something that concerns the blind community. Please read below my thoughts and my thoughts only, as well as
the information I am sending you all.

Hi, this is good. I my self use Jaws and like it. But I think Freedom Scientific the maker of Jaws is just trying to create a monopoly so they can be the only screen reader out there. They are trying to do what MS did years ago and why they still mostly run the PC OS for most of the PC's in the world. Although Apple is doing better in this area, then they was years ago. I don't think any technology for us the blind community should have patents. I think my self that these type of technology should be open to be approved upon to make it better for us. I not saying they owe us anything but I am saying we should have all the help we can get! By putting monopolies on such technology as this we are chopping off our right arm on getting this type of technology improved upon except when the one company wants to improve on it.
Just my thoughts