blind_html free screen magnifier

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 10:15:08 -0700

hi folks, found this on my give away of the day site, and thought that some may
be able to use, or know someone who can use it, and its free for the day!
Giveaway of the Day - Magnifying Glass Pro 1.8
 September 1, 2009
The Magnifying Glass Pro utility is a virtual magnifier (virtual lens,
screen-zoomer) that enables you to enlarge (magnify) text and graphics as they
are displayed on your computer monitor or attached television screen, or
projected onto a larger media during a presentation (e.g., using an application
such as PowerPoint).

As you pass your mouse cursor over a section of the viewing area, the display
is magnified making it instantly more readable and accessible. In addition, you
can apply a variety of visual effects and enhancements to that display.

System Requirements: Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista; Preferred CPU frequency is
500 MHz and more
Publisher: Workers Collection
Homepage: http://www.workerscollection.c...
File Size: 2.53 MB
Price: The program is available for $24.95, but it will be free for our
visitors as a time-limited offer.

Download Magnifying Glass Pro 1.8 now

Unzip the package you've downloaded, and carefully read the instructions which
you can find in the readme.txt file. This readme.txt file is included with all
our downloads. Follow the instructions carefully to install and activate the
software.

Magnifying Glass Pro 1.8 is available as a Giveaway of the day! You have 15
hours 31 minutes to download and install it.

Giveaway of the day is adware/spyware-free. If you want to check that yourself
and keep your system healthy, we recommend Advanced SystemCare package.
Pro and Free versions are available.
Download or learn more

Terms and conditions

Please note that the software you download and install during the Giveaway
period comes with the following important limitations:
No free technical support
No free upgrades to future versions
Strictly personal usage
THIS SOFTWARE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE
BY LAW, END USER ASSUMES THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF
THE DOWNLOADED SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
What is new in Magnifying Glass Pro 1.8
Added mouse wheel to HotKeys.
Added option for three Glass shapes.
Added options to change the size and color of the magnified cursor. Also, the
size of the cursor is no longer dependent on the current zoom value.
All visual effects are faster.
Added a new visual effect: “Web Designer”.
Contrast options have been moved to visual effects.
New option for Windows Vista was added to allow for correct switching to/from
the Aero style.
Added a feature called “Float Zone” to the “Under Cursor” position mode. The
Glass is not moving while the cursor stays in “Float Zone” area.
Added the option “Display transparent windows and effects” for fixed position
modes.
The visual appearance has been enhanced.
Bug fixes have been integrated.

49 Comments » The Good
* You can setup the magnifier to work in many different ways for different
scenarios.
* Works with hotkeys.
* You can take screenshots of what you magnify.
* Interesting “mouse shaking” feature.
* Useful “auto profile switcher” that can automatically change the magnifies to
a different profile when a certain program is running.

The Bad
* No option to hide mouse while using magnifier.
* “Auto profile switcher” does not seem to detect notepad properly.

For final verdict, recommendations, and full review please click here.

Comment by Ashraf — September 1st, 2009 at 3:02 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+64)
Who needs this when you can do it for free? No offense but if you have intel
graphics drivers in you system there is a zoom utility in it.

May be all system has this feature inside it. Anyone please tell me how is this
better. Then I will decide if I should install it or not.

GAOTD team I am very disapointed.

Comment by Agent 001 — September 1st, 2009 at 3:15 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-95)
This is a cool little program. A cinch to install on my XP home. It runs well.I
figured out how to use it pretty much straight away no probs. Perfect for
tutorials.A keeper for me.

Comment by KB — September 1st, 2009 at 3:19 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+18)
This is a great piece of software! I use this on eBay for detail auction items.
What I really like is the ability to shake the mouse to activate/deactivate the
magnifying glass. The previous version generated a false positive with
A-Squared, but since I don’t run a2 anymore I don’t know if this does. This is
a handy utility that many users will find many uses for. I give this two thumbs
up. – JEB

Comment by John — September 1st, 2009 at 3:22 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+19)
Wow, what a brilliant idea!! I can’t believe that something like this wasn’t
built right into Windows!!!!

Comment by glen — September 1st, 2009 at 3:31 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-54)
Because of the endless features, and useful UI features, such as mouse-shaking,
this is my favorite magnifier. It’s not without its problems, and it may be
less useful on Windows 7, which has an improved magnifier over even Vista’s
improved magnifier.

The two biggest problems are a long-standing issue with sometimes consuming
ridiculous amounts of CPU when it’s off. This is a permanent condition which
usually occurs when it’s loaded, but sometimes doesn’t. I thought it depended
upon mouse-shaking being enabled, but it doesn’t. Workers Collection has never
fixed that problem. The second issue is turning off Aero in some modes. To
avoid switching off Aero, I use Corner Tracker with maximum offset. That has
issues with not constraining the glass to the current monitor on multi-monitor
systems.

Every time this is offered, there are all sorts of ridiculous comments. This
has lots of features which the built-in Windows Magnifier, even the Vista one,
doesn’t. This is designed to not interfere with the mouse features, hotkeys,
etc., of the application being magnified. Therefor, it has its own hotkeys,
command mode, etc., which you should study in its Help file before complaining
that it doesn’t do something.

The “what’s new” for this version are noted on this page at the top, to the
right of the system requirements.

Comment by Fubar — September 1st, 2009 at 3:34 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+63)
very cool, run smoothly on vista

Comment by samtax — September 1st, 2009 at 3:43 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-15)
I love it just watching the demos. Hope it is not resource intensive and hangs
the screen or give it jitters.

Comment by Lu Hulu — September 1st, 2009 at 3:51 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-22)
#1, Ashraf, as I’ve often noted, you continue to blame the software when you
don’t understand what it’s doing. If you look at the sample auto-switch
profiles for Notepad, you’ll see that there are two. One pops up when you use
the keyboard within Notepad. The other makes the glass invisible when you use
the mouse cursor within Notepad.

Note: when using the Options main dialog, you must click “Save” at the top
before exiting if you want the changes to apply. I neglected to mention
previously that Magnifying Glass Pro is one of the former GOTD offerings for
which I purchased a license.

The other magnifier which I use is Microsoft Sysinternals ZoomIt 4.0, which, in
addition to its numerous features, has a neat full-screen LiveZoom mode on
Vista and higher, which doesn’t interfere with Aero. However, at least on my
PC, and also noted by some other people, but not all, ZoomIt has some bugs.

Comment by Fubar — September 1st, 2009 at 3:59 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+50)
I use ‘zoomit’ for this task . It has this and many more feature and is very
good.
Dr Nitin

Comment by dr nitin — September 1st, 2009 at 4:01 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-13)
Doesn’t play well with Aero in Win 7 and it has a somewhat annoying interface,
at least to me.

Win 7 has a much better built-in magnifier with a mode to magnify the entire
screen and a much better interface. Another reason to switch to Win 7, I guess

Comment by Luck E7 — September 1st, 2009 at 4:06 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-6)
Thanks to Ashraf for a thorough review. Downloaded and installed easily on XP
SP3. Thanks again GAOTD for a useful application (and not another converter!)

Comment by tekky tiger — September 1st, 2009 at 4:14 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-10)
This magnifyer is rather nice for lecture use and will come in handy.

Comment by farther miles — September 1st, 2009 at 4:19 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-10)
This is an excellent programme. I have been using it for many years and it
seems to be the top of the line for such magnifier utlities. I find profiles
and mouse shaking (fun) to work well in this version – for profiles, you can
set different magnifying area shapes/zooms/etc according to application (e.g. a
‘portrait’ rectangle for Skype). The ‘on-the-fly’ magnifier alteration is also
effective (Ctrl+Alt+mouse move). The only slightly disconcerting element is
aero-to-basic switching in Vista (if you use aero) but the latest version does
this quickly and with minimal interference. Some things take experimentation.
For people with high or very high resolution screens (and less than pin-sharp
eyesight?), this is a ‘must-have’ item – worth paying for.

Comment by tsunamisurfer — September 1st, 2009 at 4:26 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+11)
number 3, I just tried the magnifier in windows 7, you are right it works well.
handy tool.

Comment by graham — September 1st, 2009 at 4:26 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-2)
Wow, what a brilliant idea!! I can’t believe that something like this wasn’t
built right into Windows!!!!
Comment by glen — September 1st, 2009 at 3:31 am

It is, Einstein – Windows Magnifier (Accessibility Tools)

Comment by DrWatson — September 1st, 2009 at 4:34 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-34)
Hi all,

PROS:

*** Smooth download/installation/activation on Vista Home Premium X64 OS.

*** Registration information successfully displays/located in the “About
Section”.

*** Smooth program access without using Run As Administrator rights feature.

*** Nice, simple, clean, intuitive, easy-to-understand, easy-to-navigate GUI,

*** Supports 8 languages (English, German, Dutch, Czech, Spanish, French,
Portugese, Russian).

*** Rich, thorough, full-featured, Help Guide located fully within program.

*** Developer contact information (e-mail, website, etc.) located fully within
program.

*** Allows for 5 different magnification sizes (1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 1.8)

*** Provides “Run App On Windows Startup” checkbox option.

*** Provides Show Glass After Application Start” checkbox option.

*** Allows user to edit the following items:

+++ Glass Profile Features:(text caret, graph editor, half screen, classical
photographer, high contrast vision, full screen glass, web and art designer,
Add New, Delete), Glass Preview Checkbox option, transparency option for
Windows 2000 and XP OS, Size (pixels), Shape (rectangle, round rectangle,
ellipse/circle), Update Glass Interval (rarely, average, often, real-time),
Frame Color (entire color-palette pops up for user-selected choice), width (0
to unlimited number), zoom factor (.7 to user-entered range number), follow
text editing (caret watch), anti-aliased option (CPU max), Show maginifed
cursor option.

+++ Auto Switcher Features (target profiles) – Command Mode (enabled or not),
Cool graphical effect (CPU max) or not.

+++ Mouse Shaking Features.

+++ Miscellaneous Features (Copy image to clipboard, What to copy, etc.)

+++ Hot Key Assignments.

+++ Behavior on Vista Options (Aero feature, etc.).

+++ Save Button option allows user to save chosen settings.

ACTUAL PROGRAM OPERATION:

Upon selection of desired settings, and turning the magnifying feature “ON”,
the magnification function worked well and effectively, as described and as
expected. Program operation was smooth.

CONS:

*** No apparent (or easy) way to exit the “magnification function.”

*** Upon right-clicking the magnifying glass (to access the program’s context
menu) and choosing the “exit” option to stop the magnification process, I
received an Access Violation error message – after this point, accessing the
magnification program again was impossible (i.e., could not enter program). I
had to re-start my computer to fix this problem, which it did. Then, to
re-create and test this problem a second time, I right-clicked the magnifying
glass again to bring up its context menu, and chose the “exit” option. Same
Access Violation error happened again. Developer – please fix this fatal
error/bug. Thank you. I’ll also send a message to the developer about this
matter and follow up with everyone via the GOTD forums section.

The workaround for this problem would be to do “Control, Alt, Delete” to bring
up the Windows Task Manager to “end the program process.” Yes, this is
inconvenient, but at least there is a solution to this problem (if you are
looking for a program like this.)

SUMMARY:

Despite the one flaw of not being able to exit magnification program via
selecting “exit option” from right-click context menu, the program’s benefits
far outweigh (in my humble opinion) this one flaw. Thus, I give today’s
GiveAway a thumbs up. Thanks, GOTD and Workers Collection, for today’s
unique/nice program.

100% Free, Open-Source Option (for those who miss or do not want today’s offer):

Virtual Magnifying Glass, v3.3.2 – Compatible with Windows (Vista, XP, 2000,
NT, ME, 98, 95), Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X.

Best,
Happy

Comment by Happy Person — September 1st, 2009 at 4:35 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+27)
Can you use it in a game?

Comment by jason — September 1st, 2009 at 5:05 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-10)
Windows should have had this.
(Instead of offering unclean options like changing text size, AGH!)
I have mine set to full screen.
I use Ctrl + Windows key
So if I need magnification, I just press Ctrl Win, and then do the same to hide
it.
Trust me, grab this program.

Comment by Rob — September 1st, 2009 at 5:07 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-1)
There’s an even simpler way for zooming in on your screen. No programs involved.

Just hold down the Ctrl key and use the scroll on your mouse.

You can zoom in our out with it and don’t need to go into your accessories.

Comment by Vince — September 1st, 2009 at 5:15 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+29)
To add to my comment…. use the arrows to move around the screen

Comment by Vince — September 1st, 2009 at 5:16 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+4)
#17, Happy Person, in addition to taking up an entire page on my
high-resolution display to say nothing, you’ve used incorrect wording to say
what Magnifying Glass Pro does. What you call “magnification sizes”, the
program clearly lists as User Interface Size. This is the magnification factor
for its own UI, not the Zoom Factor for the glass, which can be anything. There
are numerous ways to turn the glass on and off. By clicking the tray icon, by
right-clicking and using the context menu, by hotkey, or by using
mouse-shaking, if enabled. As for your Access Violation, that could have
something to do with use on a 64-bit OS, or it could be a problem with your
video drivers, or it could be specific to your PC. However, except for the
excess CPU problem when the glass is off, which I mentioned previously and
doesn’t always occur, there’s not much reason to Exit the application. I
wouldn’t be optimistic about Workers Collection fixing anything.

Comment by Fubar — September 1st, 2009 at 5:18 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+3)
In case people don’t understand how powerful this is, you can select/deselect
what targets the glass becomes visible on, and which targets are active, via
the tray context menu. For example, you can deselect Glass on Target becomes
Visible for (Default), turn on the glass (which you won’t see, use the tray
icon), and edit something in Notepad. You’ll see the magnifier only pop up
while you’re typing in Notepad. To be honest, I never use these features.
However, this exposed a bug in Fixed Elusive, which is that it doesn’t take the
caret size into account. Further, using the Calculator worked with its
auto-switch Profile, but thereafter, Magnifying Glass Pro wouldn’t auto-switch
correctly on Notepad until Magnifying Glass Pro was restarted, on Vista. My
apologies to #1, Ashraf, if this was the problem which he was talking about. As
I noted previously, I wouldn’t be optimistic about Workers Collection fixing
bugs.

Comment by Fubar — September 1st, 2009 at 5:53 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+12)
#20, Vince, application zooming, and Vista Desktop (icon) zooming, is
different. Not all applications support it, it doesn’t zoom the application’s
UI, and it doesn’t necessarily work in all cases within applications (e.g.,
there are some types of windows and video/animation windows which won’t zoom in
IE8).

ZoomIt is very much faster than Magnifying Glass Pro but doesn’t support video
in Vista, Magnifying Glass Pro is CPU intensive while the glass is displayed
but does support video in Vista. Also, Magnifying Glass Pro doesn’t support
tooltips, at least on Vista, in some modes (Corner Tracker supports tooltips,
but has problems with magnifying parts of itself near corners).

Comment by Fubar — September 1st, 2009 at 6:06 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+5)
Well it does have a couple of items that took a bit to figure out but it is
worth the try. Depending on the OS you have it will take a bit to figure out
how to turn it on and off easily.

Some of the extras have nothing to do with seeing things better. They do get a
persons attentjion though but after a tiny bit of time they are annoying.

I will keep it for a while to see if it does help me get the point across.

Comment by farther miles — September 1st, 2009 at 6:08 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-7)
If you need to magnify something on your screen you have WINDOWS Magnify.exe
for free. I can’t imagine why you would want to magnify something on the screen
unless your are partially sighted, but you certainly dont want to pay $25 for
this software!

Comment by Fivish — September 1st, 2009 at 6:37 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-19)
Tried it under Vista and was ok. Lost it during reinstall of OS. Haven’t tried
with Win 7, imagine same. (Win 7 more like a Vista SP2 for my needs). Ran
smoothly w/ couple quirks about transparency mainly. The Windows magnify with
Intellipoint for W 7 is pretty easy to assign to the scroll wheel’s button
function. Press wheel scroll up/down and on/off the magnify section of OS
magnify.
Using MG Pro with that buttom took a bit more jiggling.
Nice enough for free. Hey don’t knock the frees so much you guys.
Thanks GOTD.

Comment by sludgehound — September 1st, 2009 at 7:28 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+1)
Hey Happy Person:

Two items I think you mistated
1) *** Allows for 5 different magnification sizes (1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 1.8)
That refers to the user interface only. The magnifyer has its
on set of magnifications.

2) *** No apparent (or easy) way to exit the “magnification function.”

If I understand you correctly, you can set your own hot keys to toggle the
magnifyer on and off or use the default hot keys. You can right click the icon
and choose exit, or shake and exit.

I like magnifyer glass pro. Lots of nice features. I have the earlier version
of this but this seems less jerky.

Another offering from GAOTD some time ago was Magic Lens Max and it’s more
intuive (in my opinion) and much easier to use and less intensive on the cpu.

Also Microsoft’s Mouse Or mice and some of their keyboards comes with a very
nice magnifier. Just click the mouse button and voila. Hold down control and
mouse button to drag and the magnifier enlarges. (VERY COOL)

Comment by unowen — September 1st, 2009 at 7:37 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+5)
Hi Windowns has magnification feature bult in.I do not know about older Windows
but Vista has it. You guys should try that out.

Anyways please tell me why I should try this. Please give a reply. I asked
before in my Comment #2 but no one has answered.

Comment by Agent 001 — September 1st, 2009 at 7:40 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-23)
My wireless mouse does this, all you do is program which key you want to use
and “toggle” it to use the zoom feature. So does my keyboard. And, I’m not some
up-to-the-minute tech-head. I’ve been using the same keyboard and mouse models
for several years. This program is at least that far behind the curve.

Comment by MSHickey — September 1st, 2009 at 7:53 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-7)
1.The Good
* You can setup the magnifier to work in many different ways for different
scenarios.
* Works with hotkeys.
* You can take screenshots of what you magnify.
* Interesting “mouse shaking” feature.
* Useful “auto profile switcher” that can automatically change the magnifies to
a different profile when a certain program is running.

The Bad
* No option to hide mouse while using magnifier.
* “Auto profile switcher” does not seem to detect notepad properly.

Comment by navin Naido — September 1st, 2009 at 8:22 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-10)
@ #5

Wow, what a brilliant idea!! I can’t believe that something like this wasn’t
built right into Windows!!!!

It is.

Start> All Programs >Accessories >Accessibility > Magnifier

Nothing to install you already have this function

Comment by Mike — September 1st, 2009 at 8:23 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-3)
I Hate windows xp Magnifying Glass.

I have tried many and this is the first one I will keep.
All others were deleted quickly.

I have page zoom in Firefox, but it requires holding the scroll bar to move
across pages.v This is much simpler by scrolling horizontally and vertically
following the cursor.

I set to full screen and to bring up the Magnifying Glass just left click the
tray icon, to exit the Magnifying Glass just left click the tray icon.

Magnifying Glass Pro 1.8 does not seem to slow my machine down.

My opinion is this is a real dandy.

Thumbs UP from The Grouser

Comment by George Bishop — September 1st, 2009 at 8:34 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+10)
This software sounds pretty good and I’d like to give this one a try, but I
don’t wish to clog up the computer with more software that I already have.
Could someone please tell me where this “built in to Win 7″ zoom feature is
please. i could do a fair comparison at least.

Slighlty off topic, and I hope you all don’t come down on me too hard for
asking this. Some of the software listed here sounds really excellent but many
comments include “must be run with administrator rights. HUH, I’m the only
profile (Win 7) how would I do this. Again, so I may be able to try out more
software that I’ve been avoiding.
Thanks

Comment by Gary — September 1st, 2009 at 8:36 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-2)
For any presentation software, There are some key things that I rate as
important in my analysis.
1. Can you see typing in real time under the display. Many have a significant
time lag or you have to touch the mouse.
2. Does it have easy-to-use and learn hotkeys, so that during a presentation
you are not fumbling or bringing up an interface where it is visible to the
audience. (My fave, the freeware picpick, has a ways to go in this area).
3. Can the background be seen well as well as the magnifying glass?
(Transparency is a good idea here, but often violates the rule that the end
result must be seen clearly from the back of the room)
4. For technical demonstrations, can you switch between other programs (say
between your Application UI and a third-party extension) without losing track
of your magnifier behind windows or your magnifier being in the wrong position.

In my early tests, MGP performs excellently on most of these fronts. While my
spouse, the person who constantly does presenatations, will really put it
through its paces later this week, it seems to me a keeper!

Comment by Cornflower — September 1st, 2009 at 8:45 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+7)
This Software will not Activate for me. Even when running as Administrator. The
Software still says Unregistered trail version
You have 30 days left. I’m running Vista 32 bit.

Comment by Larry — September 1st, 2009 at 9:07 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-5)
This is a repeat of:
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/magnifying-glass-pro-17/
but version 1.8 vs v1.7 is the mouse shaking fixed?

Comment by hermon — September 1st, 2009 at 9:15 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-3)
#17 thanks for the software it is much better than GATO I am using Vista ,that
GATO will not see the window panel on the right side and #$!7 will see the
window panel

con: Control G is standard for bell ,GATO use Control G not bell???

Comment by Jeff — September 1st, 2009 at 9:18 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-5)
Windows Vista Users.
You already have a magnifier built in. Goto:
Start>All Programs>Accessories>Ease of Access>Magnifier.
I can’t comment on it’s functionality or of that of today’s give away.
As I have never felt a need to use it but it is there if you want it.
Won’t comment on today’s give away either as I am not downloading it.

Comment by ikeup — September 1st, 2009 at 9:23 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-3)
You have to be kidding. This is a standard utility in Windows 7

Comment by Just me — September 1st, 2009 at 9:29 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-5)
I installed it and activated it without any difficulties on my 64-bit Windows
Vista Machine (4Gb Ram, 500Gb HDD). It seems to work fine (I haven’t noticed
any particular slowing down of my system).

When I run the task manager, while resident (whether or not the magnifying
function is is on), it shows 1 CPU sec & 30Mb RAM (compared to Firefox’s 1.18
CPU and 107 Mb) There is also a “helper” function resident that doesn’t use a
measurable amount of CPU time, and 4Mb of RAM.

Several posters are incorrect about hiding the cursor – you set it to do that
in the profile (as I did – otherwise it’s pretty distracting to have two
cursors floating about).

To the several people asking why use this instead of what’s built into Vista, I
give the same answer as #33 – you can use the page zoom in Firefox, or the
ctrl-mouse wheel (from #20) but it requires using the scroll bar to move across
(or up and down) web pages. With MG Pro, you just move your mouse. Vista’s
magnifier only allows you to enlarge a fixed portion (and no more than 1/2) of
the screen.

To the various people complaining that you can’t easily exit the magnifying
function, pressing ctrl-g strikes me as being easy enough.

When I exited the program, there were no errors, and the task ended correctly.

So as a visually impaired IT pro (I have to use a 47″ display with the
magnification turned ALL the way up) this is an excellent product, and the
$24.95 asking price strikes me as reasonable. The program runs well, is easy
for me to use (and was easy for me to LEARN to use).I highly recommend this
product, and think that it’s great that today it is free!

Comment by Doug — September 1st, 2009 at 9:32 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+8)
This is useful and actually fun. When I’m editing, I’ve been having to zoom or
increase the text size of documents at times just to see the difference between
periods, commas and other small features when using Word auto-correct. Now I
can shake my mouse and a magnifying glass pops up so I can check the text,
shake the glass away and keep moving.

Without the mouse shake, it would be so-so. With the mouse shake to turn it on
and off, it’s a keeper.

Marie

Comment by mariedees — September 1st, 2009 at 9:36 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+2)
I just got a netbook so LOVE this. is this really a 30 day trial version
though? Did I activate it correctly?

Comment by opirnia — September 1st, 2009 at 9:58 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (0)
Everyday I look to see what is offered here, I check the comments out and
everyday it seems there are always more thumbs down than thumbs up comments.
These software companies and programmers are offering something that they would
like to make money on..to us here for free. It seems ungrateful to me that so
many rake everything over the coals so badly. If you want something to perform
exactly how you want it to perform….then learn how to create your own software.
I really don’t mean to be rude and I do appreciate comments that are helpful
but some just complain about everything. It gets old.

Comment by Sue — September 1st, 2009 at 10:03 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+1)
Silly way to overbuden your system and make it slower: if really you don’t
wanna use the magnifier inbuilt in vista and Win7 , just buy a bigger screen.

Comment by plexus — September 1st, 2009 at 10:19 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (-1)
Is there anyway to increase the size of the magnified area and the shape of the
magnifier? I have to move it too much to read a line of text, I would like the
box to be larger.

Comment by Ring — September 1st, 2009 at 10:20 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (0)
I got the 1.4 version last time it was offered. It does what it says it will
do. Version 1.8 should do even better. If you a visually impaired to any extent
and have trouble reading text. Then this magnifier will help. I personally dont
need it, but am real glad that it is offered for those who do!

Comment by chuck — September 1st, 2009 at 10:48 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+1)
To me, this seems to be the best, most flexible, and most convenient of the
magnifiers.

My XP laptop has a very small screen with high resolution. A magnifier is not
only useful, it is often critical.

I have a command-line tool for “stressing” the system, etc., and even at
virtually 100% CPU usage with maximum swap-file exchanges, this utility and the
computer remain stable and functional. I see no indication on my XP system that
this utility absorbs significant resources.

Thanks, team

Comment by Henry — September 1st, 2009 at 11:01 am
Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+1)
This program works great on my XP-SP3 DVR box, allows me to actually see the
text on it!

take care,
elf
proprietor, The Grab Bag,
for blind computer users and programmers
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of a Alacorn!"
www.alacorncomputer.com