blind_html Fw: IE and Firefox 1

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindaccessHelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "JawsLite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jawslite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 17:18:14 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "E.J. Zufelt" <everett@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 12:15 PM
Subject: [jawsscripts] IE and Firefox

Good afternoon,

I prefer using IE 7 for general web-browsing, but sometimes there are pages
that I'd like to view in Firefox.  I have created the following script in
the Internet Explorer scripts to allow me to open the current Internet
Explorer page in Firefox.  I used Control + Alt + F as the keystroke.
Comments welcome.

Script gotoFirefox ()

Var

Object oDoc,

string sExecute

Let oDoc = IEGetCurrentDocument ()

; Gets the url of the current page

Let sExecute = oDoc.url

; Creates the statement to execute.

Let sExecute = "firefox " + sExecute

SayMessage (OT_JAWS_MESSAGE, "Opening page in Firefox.")

Run (sExecute)

EndScript

HTH,

Everett