[blind-it] using Zendesk with Jaws

  • From: "Eric Patterson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "eric.patterson17@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: <blind-it@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 18:32:29 -0800

Hi team:

                I am a new member to this list and am pursuing jobs in
information technology.  I am interested in knowing if there are any members
out there who have successfully used Zendesk with Jaws.  Though it is a
web-based tool, it does not appear to be very accessible.  When I press
enter on a button to select a list item, Jaws does not read the items in the
drop-down lists.  If the virtual cursor is turned off, I can press the first
letter of the item I want to select.  Jaws will say, "edit" followed by the
letter I typed.  However, it still does not read the list items.  I will
need to use this utility for an IT support position I am interested in.
Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Eric Patterson