[blind-it] Working with the Exchange 2003 Setup Wizard?

  • From: "Al Puzzuoli" <alpuzz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-it@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 10:22:11 -0500

Last week, I was trying to decommission an old exchange server.  I
completed  most of the
process, moved all the mailboxes, rehomed all the services, roles, and
public folders.    After doing that, all I needed to do was to uninstall
the server. Easy, right?  Or at least so I thought before I made the
attempt.  I selected Exchange 2003 from add remove programs and the
setup wizard came up with a list of components for which I was supposed
to specify actions.  I didn't see any obvious way to do that using Jaws.
Apparently, the listview contains two columns, action and component.
You're supposed to mouse click on the action you want performed on each
component.  The problem is, Jaws sees the listview, but doesn't see the
action column at all.  Are there some graphics I should label?  If not,
is there any way to accesibly manipulate this screen?

Thanks,

Al Puzzuoli
Information Technologist
Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities  517-884-1915  120 Bessey
Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033 http://www.rcpd.msu.edu