[blind-it] Roaming Profiles, my situation so far.

  • From: James Scholes <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:33:52 +0000

Hi all,
I have 2 machines, both running XP Pro. On my main machine, I went into the
settings for my user profile, and in home path I typed:
\\JAMESPC\USER
As /USER is where my current profile on this main machine is stored. Obveously
it is stored in Documents and Settings, so I made a network shortcut to my
local profile. Then, I logged in to the other machine, and created a local
profile with the exact same settings as on the main machine (Same username,
password, and user group). I then set that account's home path to
\\JAMESPC\USER as well. On the other machine, my profile loads fine, however
when going into system settings, advanced tab and then users, it still says on
the main machine that my account is a local-only profile, and I cannot change
it, no matter what I do. The option for a roming profile is there, but I cannot
select it. On the other machine, however, I can select roming profile just
fine. I should mention that this is all being done over a wireless network, not
a wired one. At my school we have roaming profiles, and to use them we have to
select 'nettwork' in the 'log onto:' dropdown box on the login screen, however
I do not have that option. Any ideas what I am doing wrong, and what I can do
to fix it?
--Check out my radio and TeamTalk server! http://www.jls-radio.com
--
James Scholes

E-mail: james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN/Windows Live Messenger: jamesscholes@xxxxxxx
AIM: JamesScholes000
Skype: james.scholes
Website: http://www.jamesscholes.com
Blog: http://www.jamesscholes.com/blog
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jamesscholes
Find me on Facebook! Username: jamesscholes
Link to Facebook profile:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1375965156&hiq=jamesscholes
Last.FM Profile: http://www.last.fm/user/jamesscholes000
Message sent at 08:25:25 PM GMT on Wednesday, November 12, 2008