[blind-it] RSA Token

  • From: "scott" <captaincynic3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-it@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 18:10:22 -0700

Hello everyone,

Hope this list is still active.

I'm passing on a question from a friend who works at a bank, and needs to
securely log into the bank's server while not at work. Verbatim, here is his
question:

I learned today for me to have VPN access with my laptop away from my
office, I need to use something called a RSA Token.  It is a small device,
which can be attached to my key ring, and displays 6-digit #s every 30
seconds for me to key in for logging on remotely to our secured server.

Are you familiar with this process and such devices?  More importantly, are
you aware of any solutions for blind employees who need remote access to
their organizations secured server?

Thanks all,

Scott