[blind-education] Re: eletronic books

  • From: stewart_1@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: blind-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 20:05:37 -0600 (CST)

You could try to join bookshare.org and they have many books .txt-ed. If you're
in college anywhere in the USA you get your membership free. Just contact them
and let them know.

As noted you can contact the publisher's directly but they mostly work through
bookshare. I'm teaching US history and my attempts to work with Pierson's have
gone poorly. They just don't work well with the blind community; and I'm
faculty! I'd hate to see how little they might do for students. :P

Mike

Jan 22, 2011 08:19:56 AM, blind-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

You can always email the publisher or join a mailing list for ebooks.

Support solar power in the developing world.
http://www.everyclick.com/solaraid
http://www.solar-aid.org/