[blind-education] Re: eletronic books

  • From: "david ingram" <dingram269@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 06:19:30 -0600

Hi, my question is how can i actually get in touch with the publishers of books
to see if they have electronic versions of the books available from the
beginning?  This is the question that i have because i'm taking classes this
term and i want to make sure that i have access to the textual material in the
books at the same time that my sighted counterparts do.  Is that too much to
ask and it could definiately cut down on having to depend on rfbd because they
are a good place but because they don't have a great number of volunteers who
are knowledgable about certain subjects and the fact that it takes a year at
the least before a book is completed.  What choices do we really have.