[blind-democracy] Re: website and security certificate

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, jaws-users-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 15:06:35 -0400

I have experienced that at Goodreads. I found that I could make it stop temporarily by closing the browser and reopening it. That usually worked for that session, but sometimes even then I would have to open and close the browser several times. It has been a recurring thing. A long time will go by without the problem and then it will return. Right now I am going through with one of the times that it doesn't happen and has not happened for a long time. I am hoping that it is permanently repaired. I have no idea what is causing it. Because it goes away I think it might have something to do with the web site itself and that the site maintainers have to fix it. But then because I can get a temporary fix by closing and reopening my browser it sounds like something wrong with the browser. Perhaps it is a problem with both in how they interact with each other.
On 10/13/2017 9:33 AM, Miriam Vieni wrote:

I have Windows 7, I E 11, and Jaws 18. There's a website from which I've
been reading articles for years. Now, if I go to an article on this website,
I get an announcement regarding the questionable validity of its security
certification. I'm asked if I want to proceed and I say yes. I'm permitted
to read 1 or 2 more sentences and again, I'm asked the question. So
basically, I'm being blocked from using the website even though I know this
is a valid website and I've indicate my willingness to use it. Has anyone
experienced this? Does anyone know a work around?