[blind-democracy] petition, death penalty

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 17:24:59 -0400

Hi,

I firmly believe Oklahoma is about to execute an innocent man.

Ten men have been exonerated from death row in Oklahoma in the past 35
years, four of them due to falsified testimony by criminals who had their
sentences reduced in exchange for their testimony.

Richard Glossip, who is scheduled for execution on September 16, was
convicted solely on the testimony of his coworker, Justin Sneed. Sneed
confessed to the murder and avoided the death penalty himself by implicating
Richard.

A reprieve will give Richard's pro bono lawyers time to prove his innocence.

That's why I signed a petition to Governor Mary Fallin, which says:

"Stop the planned execution of Richard Glossip on September 16. Richard was
convicted of murder after Justin Sneed, the man who confessed to the
killing, claimed Richard had hired him to do it, despite a breathtaking lack
of evidence. Sneed got a life sentence in a medium-security prison, while
the self-serving testimony that saved Sneed's life sent Richard to death
row.

Please grant Richard a reprieve to allow his attorneys time to gather and
present evidence of his innocence."

Will you sign the petition too? Click here to add your name:

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/governor-fallin-grant?source=s.fwd&r_by=112
6864

Thanks!