[blind-democracy] Re: definition of insanity: killing our way to peace

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 08:58:31 -0700

For me, it was a struggle listening to one hour of the "Big Ten". My
only purpose was to see if the Republican Party had shifted on any
major positions.
I did find Doctor Ben Carson interesting, until I checked his position
on key issues. He is a nice guy on the outside, harboring a
Traditional Conservative Hawk on the inside. While I might feel more
at ease chatting with him over a cup of coffee, as opposed to Donald
Trump, Carson and I would find little to agree on.
I agree with Chris Hedges when he says that Bill Clinton moved the
Democratic Party to the Right, forcing the Republican Party to the
Radical Right. Main stream Democrats and mainstream Republicans serve
the same Master. The Republicans advocate the elimination of many
basic social services, while the Democrats pay lip service as they
allow it to happen.
For the Working Class, the choices seem grim and grimmer. Either a
quick drop in living standards, or a slow downward spiral.

Carl Jarvis

On 8/7/15, Roger Loran Bailey <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am I the only one who watched the debate of the other seven candidates too?

On 8/7/2015 11:55 AM, Carl Jarvis wrote:
The tired old definition of insanity, repeating the same thing over
and over while expecting different results. Like killing our way to
peace. Since the Trojan War we have believed that if we could only
defeat our enemies we would win eternal peace. So how's it been
working so far?
While clever humans have concocted plans for building the perfect
civilization, every plan depends upon beating the crap out of everyone
else. It's a Fools Mission. And that is what is so unsettling about
the ten "Throwbacks" who pawed and snorted on FOX TV last evening.
Their collective solution to a lasting peace is to get tough and show
the world that we are the greatest power ever. The outcome, if any of
them take the office of president, is inevitable. War! And each war
has become bloodier and more violent than the last.
Look closely at the Big Ten Republicans and look also at the Democrats
candidates. Can you see a single one who is promoting peace? Every
war has begun with the promise that once it has been won, peace will
reign. But time is running out. Perhaps after one more really big
war, peace will reign. Too bad we won't be there to enjoy it.