[blind-democracy] book

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 11:51:06 -0500

As I looked through the NYT Book Section yesterday, I noticed a novel, The
Hours Count by Jillian Cantor and I found it on Bookshare. It's fiction, a
novel about a neighbor and friend of Ethel Rosenberg and I'm about a third
of the way into it. The narrative moves between the night of the execution
and back to the story of how Millie and Ethel meet, their growing
relationship, and Millie's perception of Ethel, Julius, Ruth and David
Greenglass, and others in their group. It's much more a story of
relationships than of politics, but the way in which the era is portrayed,
its social and cultural aspects, and the very sensitive rendering of the
main character, Millie, I find to be excellent. There is a book on BARD
about David Greenglass, which I read a few years ago, and which was
informative.

Miriamd