[blind-democracy] Re: [blind-democracy] Communist League: ‘Open the borders!’

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 08:35:54 -0700

Roger and All,
Open the borders? How about, Down with all borders!
One world, one people.
It's sort of funny when we are told we must not cross this border or
that one. Yet international corporations ignore silly lines in the
sand and go where they please.
As long as we allow ourselves to be divided, we will be serfs to the
Corporate Rulers.

Carl Jarvis

On 8/14/15, Roger Loran Bailey <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://themilitant.com/2015/7929/792951.html
The Militant (logo)

Vol. 79/No. 29 August 17, 2015

Communist League: ‘Open the borders!’

Below are excerpts of a statement issued Aug. 4 by the London branch of
the Communist League in the United Kingdom.

The labour movement must fight to open the UK’s borders to immigrants
fleeing Africa and the Middle East. This is a life-and-death question
for the working class, part of a class-struggle course of organising all
workers, native- and foreign-born into trade unions, and using union
power to defend our interests.

The anti-immigrant stance of the capitalist parties is aimed at keeping
foreign-born workers down, and through competition drive down the wages
and conditions of all.

Their divide-and-rule claim that there are insufficient resources is
bogus. It’s government policy not to build houses, hospitals, schools.
While all the wealth in this country is the creation of working people,
irrespective of our nationality.

Workers need to cut through such arguments and forge independent
working-class politics. This means rejecting the stand of the government
and capitalist parties in defence of Britain’s borders — which they
claim are “our” borders — against “them,” the foreigners. Just as they
did in the 1930s when they refused entry into the UK of thousands of
Jews in Germany fleeing Nazi terror.

Working people don’t have borders. A classless “British people” with
common interests does not exist. The UK is class divided. “We” are
working people, irrespective of where we’re born. Toilers in the
oppressed nations are our allies against our common enemy: the
imperialist rulers. “They” are the capitalist rulers and their
government. Knowing who “we” are and who “they” are is the ABC of
working-class politics.

Related articles:
London, Paris stop refugees from crossing channel to UK

Front page (for this issue) | Home | Text-version home