[blind-democracy] Re: Washington State, Olympic Peninsula: 'Unlawful and Fatally Flawed': U.S. Navy to Conduct Dangerous War Games Over National Forest

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 08:12:34 -0800

Bob,
I think the lesson here is that All Empires behave similarly. Germany,
Japan, Rome, the British Empire and the American Corporate Empire all
believed that they could beat down the opposition and own the world.
My concern is that we Working Class Americans keep hanging onto that
belief that once upon a time we really were the "good guys". Even as
we whipped our Black Slaves, murdered the native Americans and abused
most immigrants, especially the Chinese. We seem to want to return to
those, "good old days" that never were. But the question to me is,
what will we replace the American Corporate Empire with, not whether
we can return to something we never were.

Carl Jarvis

On 11/1/15, Bob Hachey <bhachey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Carl,
Doesn't it seem like the US government acts more like imperial Japan or
Nazi
Germany than the supposed hero of the world that "saved the world by
defeating those two militaristic nations?
Seems to me the only thing worse than a militaristic empire is a
hypocritical militaristic empire.
Bob Hachey